All prospective applicants must be members of Daystar Christian Center, and must have finished 100L (membership school) at least. The following are the various units with open positions and their requirements.
Plelase note that all positions are on a volunteer basis.
1. Chat Host Unit
The Chat Hosts Unit is responsible for moderating the DOC chat room or online discussion forums.
Chat Host Personnel
- Strong communication skills: should have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Good problem-solving skills: should be able to think critically and quickly come up with solutions to problems that may arise in the chat room
- Good organizational skills: should be able to keep the chat room or discussion forum organized and tidy, and keep track of users and their activity levels.
- Strong leadership skills: Chat hosts should have the ability to manage and moderate a group of people,
- Patience and tact: Chat hosts should be patient and tactful when dealing with difficult users or situations.
- Technical skills: Depending on the chat room or discussion forum, chat hosts may need to have some technical skills, such as the ability to troubleshoot technical issues or use moderation tools.
- Dependability: Chat hosts should be dependable, reliable, and be able to commit to a schedule.
2. We Care Unit
The We Care Unit takes care of the needs of the online audience during their daily lives, e.g., prayers, counselling follow up, etc. Theree are different sections under the We Care unit. They include:
EMAIL MANAGEMENT/CUSTOMER CARE TEAM
The email management/customer care team monitors and handles emails coming into the Daystar Online Church, responds to queries, and directs counselling, prayer and other email requests to the appropriate units, while keeping logs of actions taken per time.
Strong email handling skills
Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of enquiries
Good communication skills
Ability to keep to meet with KPI’s
The reporting team manages, modifies, and monitors the reporting system of Daystar Online Church for compliance, and creates periodic reports from the same system, as required.
- Monitoring compliance to our reporting system
- Creating periodic reports from the reporting sheets
- Creating and monitoring CRM systems to track, follow up on, and recommend how to increase the number and growth of our online audience.
- Skills with data input and analysis
- Skills with data management tools like Excel and Google Sheets
- Skills with data manipulation of same tools
- Skills with CRM systems would be an added plus
3. Digital Support Unit
The Digital Support Unit supports the other Daystar Online teams with technical support where and when needed, and building products for Daystar Online.
EMAIL MARKETING TEAM
The email marketing team manages email marketing campaigns on behalf of Daystar Online, including setting up and sending campaigns, creating and managing subscriber lists, etc.
- A basic knowledge of html and css
- Experience with web design
- Experience with digital marketing/email marketing would be an added advantage.
COMMUNITY APP TEAM
The community App is a mobile/web-based digital product bringing Daystar members worldwide together on a platform with cutting-edge social media and instant messaging features. It is currently in the MVP stage.
There are 3 teams within the Community App team. Members who wish to join each of the teams would need to meet the following requirements
Knowledge of prototyping Tools (Figma)
Knowledge of user experience principles
Experience with creating user personas and engaging in market research
Experiecnce with working with HTML5
Experiecnce with working with CSS
PHP / Laravel experience
PostgreSQL / MongoDB
React Native / Flutter
REST API / GraphQL
Docker / Kubernetes
AWS / DigitalOcean
4. Production Unit
The Production Unit handles the live and recorded broadcast neeeds of Daystar Online.
1. Sound technician with knowledge of field recording.
2. Camera operator with knowledge of film production.
3. Gaffer with special skill of spontaneous light setup.
3. Producers with level headed skills in human management.
5. Content Unit
The Content Unit is in charge of creating text, graphic and animation content for the other units in Daystar Online and certain units within Daystar.
- Experience producing copy for print and digital media channels
- Skill in social media writing, including the use of hashtags and relevant acronyms
- Proficiency with common office software
- Creativity, adaptability and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Strong communication, research, and typing skills
- Willingness to meet deadlines.
- A deep understanding of the principles and elements of design.
- An individual who understands the psychology of design and how it impacts the user.
- Collaborate with other teams (mostly copywriters) to create designs for articles, newsletters, emails, on monthly basis and is available for impromptu design tasks.
- The candidate should be one who can deliver creatives on time, with little supervision.
6. Welfare Unit
The welfare unit takes care of cuisine needs at general Daystar Online physical meetups, and also is in charge of the general well being of Daystar Online workers.
- Coordinating welfare requests within the unit
- Liaising with other units for adequate flow of information concerning welfare needs
- Any other responsibility assigned.
7. Prayer Unit
The prayer unit handles the coordination of the prayer needs of Daystar Online. Prayers are constantly offered for our global community, and workers in Daystar Online.
- A heart and passion for prayer
- Reliable and dependable
- A graduate of 200L Daystar Academy
8. Presenters Unit
The Presentation Unit is responsible for opening and closing online church services.
Daystar Presenters are recruiting into their wardrobe department for the following positions:
1. Makeup artist
2. Hair stylist
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Click the link below to fill out the applicatiaon form. Once filled, you would be contacted for a preliminary interview if selected.
LINK FOR APPLICATION